Saturday, July 20, 2013

What's in my July Ipsy Bag?

Hey everybody!

Seems like subscription boxes are really popular right now. There's seriously one for everybody. I've seen some with items for men, all natural products, jewelry, full sized items, etc. They range from really cheap to far too expensive. I personally am subscribed to Ipsy, which costs 10 bucks a month. After tax, I pay a total of $10.80. It's really a steal, and I enjoy it a lot. Each month you get about five items pertaining to makeup, skincare, or haircare. A lot of the time they have brands that aren't really well known. Once in a while you get something from a high end brand that everybody adores. It's a lot of fun. Also, a subscription would make a fantastic gift for one your girlfriends.


My Ipsy bag for July came in the mail, so naturally I tore that sucker open right away. This is what I found:



Each month you get a small bag that can be used for makeup or any old thing you need to carry around. This month it's transparent pink and has a rubbery/plastic texture. I think it's adorable. As you can see, it's not too big. A little bigger than my hand.

On to what's inside...


It's a nice selection of goodies! First up on the list is...


A Coola Tinted Moisturizer. I've never heard of this brand before. I'm not super into tinted moisturizers, but this is cool anyways. It's a nice deluxe sample size. I got a little out and swatched it on my hand. Seems like a pretty good match. Obviously, not a lot of coverage. It has SPF 20. I'm a little nervous because it's not oil free. But it didn't have anything nasty like Mineral Oil in it. I'll give it a shot.

Next is Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Spray.


I was slightly disappointed by this product. Not that it's bad, I just can't use it on my hair. It's a good size though. Definitely big enough to decide whether you like it or not after a couple of uses. I'll be passing this on to my Mom.

Next is a deluxe sample of Benefit Benetint.


This product gets a lot of love in the makeup world. I haven't tried it, so I'm excited to give it a go. This is an example of one of those high end products that everybody loves. I think this sample will last me forever too.

Next up is the Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon.


Now this, I am excited about. I swatched it on my hand as you can see. The color is really pretty and appropriate for summer. It had a lovely, moisturizing texture when I swatched it. I'll be taking this on vacation.

Last is a BH Cosmetics California Collection Eyeshadow Trio.


I wasn't thrilled with this. These colors are not colors I would generally wear. Plus, they didn't swatch well at all. The only one that had a decent amount of pigmentation was the color Malibu, which I didn't love. Oh well.

For ten bucks, I think it's an awesome deal. Sometimes you get products that you don't love, but that's okay. Part of the fun is experimenting with new things. Also, you always get a cute bag to put stuff in.


If you haven't checked Ipsy out, I suggest doing so. There is probably a wait list. I waited for a while to finally get in. But it was worth the wait, and I don't think I'll be cancelling my subscription for a long while.

Much love!


Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment