Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Current Favorite Eue Dyo: Wearable Color!

Hey guys. So I recently took a trip to my Estee Lauder counter and asked about the eye duo in the shade Raisins. It's a beautiful duo with a light, pink shimmery shade and a deeper, burgundy/cranberry color. I had been wanting some colors like this for an every day look that has a pop of color but is still totally wearable. However, I was sad to find out that the duos are discontinued! Apparently, Estee Lauder is coming out with some trios in the near future that are supposed to be way cool. Honestly, I was disappointed. I wanted that duo! I went straight home and looked it up online. I found that I could still order it from a few websites, and I was this close to ordering it. But then, I talked myself out of it. I thought, Gianna, if you're going to blog, you need to blog about products that are readily available to the public. So, alas, I decided to look elsewhere.

It just so happens that I'm currently trying to build my MAC eyeshadow collection. It's coming along slowly but surely. This whole Raisins obsession was actually inspired by a MAC shade- Naked Lunch - that I wanted something to pair with. I thought, you know what? What the hey, let's look at MAC and see what they have to offer on the burgundy/cranberry front. MAC obviously has every shade under the sun, so I was browsing through some shades I have written down on my phone that I want to purchase eventually. I came across Star Violet on my list, which is a lovely burgundy/plummy/cranberry shade that I've been lusting after for a while. Mac describes it as "pink-brown plum." I guess that's a pretty good way to describe it.


So, you guys can probably guess what happened from here. I ordered it, and I've been loving both Naked Lunch and Star Violet ever since. Here's a picture of Naked Lunch.


Gosh, isn't it beautiful?

Here is Star Violet.



Oh my word. It's lovely.

And of course, some swatches.


The left is Naked Lunch, the right is Star Violet. It's a match made in heaven, ladies and gents!

I love it so much. It's fantastic because you can just pop Naked Lunch on the lid, Star Violet in the crease, and go. Or you can make it a little more complicated with a defined outter-V and a really light highlight like Shroom or Phloof! in the corner of the eye. If you wanna do something more dramatic, you can pop Star Violet all over the lid and use Naked Lunch as a highlight with dark brown or black in the outter-V.

If you choose to just do Naked Lunch on the lid and Star Violet in the crease, it's a fantastic day-to-day look. It's color, but so wearable. If you're looking for a way to spice up your all-too-often neutral eye, I suggest going with pinks and purples.

I have fair skin with yellow undertones, dark hair, and hazel eyes, and I think these colors make my eyes pop. However, I think that these colors would look great with any skin tone, any eye color, and any hair color. It's just all around beautiful.



If you're looking for a drugstore alternative, I don't have any specific duo to recommend or exact dupes. I can say that the Eyelid color in the Wet N' Wild Walking on Eggshells pallette is a good substitute for Naked Lunch. NYX eyeshadow in Rust is a nice cranberry color that would work. It's closer in color to MAC Cranberry rather than Star Violet, though.


Anyways, that's all for now.

Much love!

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment