Sunday, July 14, 2013

Curly Hair Update: Week 2

Hey everybody. Two weeks has gone by since I started the Curly Girl Method. Last week I was amazed by how soft my hair was feeling. This week I'm sad to say I don't feel as great. My hair is still soft, but I feel like my hair isn't as soft as it was last week. I don't know. Maybe I got used to it. I'm also thinking maybe I'm using too much protein on my hair. I have no idea. Maybe it's just a normal down swing of the transition to gentle products.

Other than that, I'm happy. I'm not missing my old routine, other than my old hair mousse. My current gel (L.A. Looks Sport Gel) is fine, but I am still getting used to how much I need for my hair. There's a fine line between controlled and crunchy, you know?

I've been working out a lot this week. Pretty much every day (leaving for vacation in two days- gotta be ready!). I've been noticing that my hair doesn't feel completely clean when I co-wash after my workouts. Obviously, I'm sweating and my hair is a hot mess when I hop into the shower after some cardio. I just feel like my co-wash isn't getting my hair totally clean. Perhaps I'm not using enough product and I need to adjust the amount of Suave Naturals I use according to how dirty my hair is. I don't know! Anyways, I shampoo'ed today with my Shea Moisture shampoo and I feel fine again. It's not like my hair was greasy before or anything- the co-wash was doing an okay job -I just felt like my hair was a little weighed down. I would run my fingers through it and it felt clean enough, but there was just a little bit of residue that was bothering me.

I don't know, people; trial and error!

Anyways, I've been experimenting with plopping and I decided I like it. It defines my curls nicely. I also helps keep my hair from getting crunchy. Not mention it adds volume. It's good, I like it.

Overall, I guess it was an okay week.

Here is my hair before CG:


And here it is today:



My curls are certainly more defined, and I have more volume.

Okay, seeing the pictures side by side has made me feel better about this week.

Much love to you curly heads out there!

Gianna



No comments:

Post a Comment