Friday, July 12, 2013

London Soho Beauty Sponge Review

Hey everybody!

Okay, so we've all heard about the Beauty Blender. There's such a craze surrounding that product, it's insane. I have to admit, the Beauty Blender is pretty amazing. It applies product so lightly and beautifully. It does the work for you, really. But, like everybody else, I'm on a budget. Sometimes I just can't swing a 30 dollar sponge every three months. So, obviously, I'm on the hunt for a good beauty blender dupe. Aren't we all?

I was browsing my local Walgreens the other day and spotted this London Soho Beauty Sponge that looks strikingly similar to the Beauty Blender. I'm pretty sure it was under six bucks, so I thought hey, let's give it a go.



Apparently this product is available at both Walgreens and Walmart. And Amazon.com, of course.

Anyways, I tried applying my makeup with this little sponge and I was pleasantly surprised. Like the Beauty Blender, you get it wet and it expands. I think it holds more water in it than the Beauty Blender, because it doesn't wring out very well. You really have to squeeze it. It's no biggie, though. As far as the shape, it's different than the Beauty Blender. It's like a football rather than an egg. I pour some foundation on the back of my hand, get some on the side of the sponge, and bounce the sponge around my face to distribute the product.

When I went to put on my foundation, I have to say, it went on pretty nicely. It did what the Beauty Blender does- it applied my foundation lightly and blended it for me, pretty much. It was nice. I like the finish it gave me. Not cakey or heavy at all. It's also nice for blending in concealer around the eyes or on blemishes. Blending is the name of the game with sponges like this- if it needs blended, bounce the sponge on it a few times and you're good. I think this is a really good option if you're looking for something cheaper than the Beauty Blender.

Is it as good as the Beauty Blender?
Well...probably not quite as good. But that doesn't mean it isn't good. It does the job, and for six bucks, it does it pretty damn well. I think that London Soho could charge a lot more for it and get away with it because it's so close to the actual Beauty Blender.

There is just one downside that I have to point out.
This sponge seems to break down kind of easily. I've used mine twice, and it has a little crack in the side of it already. It probably wouldn't last three months with daily use. Maybe a month or so. But at 5 to 6 bucks every month versus 25 bucks or so every three, you're still saving money.

Do I recommend it?
Yeah, I do. It does a good job. It distributes product very similarly to the Beauty Blender. It's the closest dupe to a Beauty Blender at this price that I've found so far.

Is it replacing my Beauty Blender?
I'm not saying I'll never buy a Beauty Blender again. But I will certainly continue to repurchase the London Soho Sponge, especially when I don't feel like spending so much money on the actual Beauty Blender.


That's all for now, everybody.

Much love,
Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment