Wednesday, July 10, 2013

First Impressions: Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation

Hey guys! It seems like the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation has been all the craze for a little while. So, naturally, I was itching to find out what the hype is all about. I'm a foundation junkie, and I'm always on the lookout for the newest, greatest thing. I went out and got myself a sample from Sephora of the MUFE HD Foundation in the shade 117 Marble.

Before I start, here is what you should know.

The foundation claims that it's a "medium-to-full" coverage foundation that creates a "soft focus effect" and is "invisible on screen and real life."

Also...
- I have oily skin
- Foundations don't stick to my skin very well
- I hate a super matte finish, but I don't want to look oily either
- I have quite oily skin, especially in the t-zone
- I did not set the foundation with a powder or setting spray


Alright, now that that's out of the way, let's get to it.

Here's a picture of the bottle.


I like the packaging. It has a pump, ladies and gents! I believe it also comes with a cap, which is not pictured.


Here is my skin without foundation on. I just woke up when I took this picture, so my hair is up.



As you can see, I don't have a ton to cover today. I have a few blemishes and post acne marks. Also some redness. But I like a medium coverage foundation that can mostly cover my freckles on my cheeks.


Here is my skin with the foundation on.



It did an alright job. It covered what I wanted it to cover, pretty much. I applied with a damp sponge, and built on that layer with my fingers. My fingers applied the product more heavily than the sponge. Honestly, I would disagree that the product has medium to full coverage. I found that it had light to medium coverage. Anyways, I was satisfied with the coverage it gave me. If you like a lot of coverage, this might be a warning sign.

Here is my finished makeup. I'm heading to work, so my hair is up.



I applied the foundation at 10:30, and I took some notes on my first thoughts. I wrote it had a satin, glowy finish. It definitely is not matte. It looked quite natural, not like I was wearing a ton of makeup. I can truly say this foundation is the closest thing I ever seen to looking like actual skin. It was smooth, and light on my skin. I agree that it gives a "soft-focus" finish. Also, it wasn't sitting in my pores. I was happy with what I saw, although I admit it was not a love-at-first-application moment.

I checked at 3:30. I had been working for a couple of hours, and I was extremely oily when I looked in the mirror. I like a little bit of shine, but I felt like it was just too much. However, after working for a few hours in a hot fast-food environment, it looked good. The coverage hadn't faded, and my blush was still on. Also, foundations tend to look powdery around my chin and jaw area. I didn't see that at all with the MUFE HD. I blotted, and went on my way.

After 8 hours of wear, I looked again. I was pretty oily, and not just in the t-zone. I felt like I was looking pretty shiny all over. I don't think it adds to my oil problems, but it doesn't do anything to keep the oil at bay. The really satin/almost dewey finish doesn't help. But the foundation was still on.


Overall, this foundation is nice. It doesn't look cakey or unnatural at all. It's nice and smooth, and it has a pretty finish. It's probably best for people with normal to dry skin. Maybe combo if you don't get too oily. It sat on the skin beautifully and did not sink into my large pores around my nose. I can see how this foundation is good for people in front of a camera.


The bottom line.

Who would I recommend this to?
I would recommend this foundation to someone with normal to dry skin who is looking for a satin finish with light-medium coverage. Also to someone who is looking for something that looks really natural.


Am I going to purchase the full size?
Probably not. Especially not now, in the summer. It just doesn't do enough to keep my oil at bay. Maybe I will think about it in the winter, when my skin is a little dry.

It's a beautiful foundation, you guys. Just maybe not for me.

Hope this helped you guys out in picking a foundation that's right for you!


Much love.

Gianna



No comments:

Post a Comment