Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Makeup for the Heat

I don't know about you guys, but I live in a place that gets really, really hot in the summer time. It's been around 100 degrees (or more) these last few days, and it just really sucks. When it comes to makeup and heat, I think the general consensus is less is more. Or, better yet, let's just skip it entirely. As we know, makeup just slides off the face when it gets hot, especially if you already have oily skin like I do. I've compiled five products that I think are awesome at withstanding any harsh conditions, including hot weather and the oils that my face produces. I'm not doing makeup for the whole face-- just the products that I think are fantastic for that long-lasting power we need in summer.


First up on the list of summer-friendly products is Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation. I freaking love this stuff. It has a really light, liquid consistency, but the coverage is medium and buildable. It feels great on the skin, not heavy or cakey or ew. The best part about this stuff is it sticks like a mother. When this stuff sets, it sets until you remove it with makeup remover. I know because I put it on the back of my hand before I apply. Unless I remove what I put on the back of my hand with a full on makeup remover- not just soap and water- it will not come off.

It has a nice satin, slightly glowy finish but still keeps the oils from my face under control. It's strange, but I hate matte finishes, even though I'm rather oily. This has an absolutely beautiful finish that just perfects the skin. It doesn't hide all of my blemishes all the time, but it also looks really natural and not super made-up. I just love it. I will do a review on it separately, but for now, just know that it's amazing.

Also, it has an SPF of 42. Perfect for days when you're out in the sun.


Next up is Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer. It took me a while to start liking this concealer, but now that I've played with it for a while, I enjoy it. It says it's waterproof. I don't know about that. But I do know that it sits nicely on the skin when it's hot outside. When I compare it to my old favorite concealer from the drugstore, it sits better, lasts longer, covers well, and blends into my skin nicely. I like it. It does the trick.


Because it's hot outside, we probably want to set our makeup with a nice powder. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of powders. I hate that powdery look. But, when it's warm, I will do a light dusting of the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.

When you use it lightly it looks natural. I think it does a really good job of keeping me matte. It's just a great product. Plus, it's drugstore. Holler.


Now for the eyes. I have two products that I think really stand up to the heat and lock in whatever products I use on my eyes. First is the Urban Decay Primer Potion. This is my Holy Grail, no doubt. I think you can put any eyeshadow on top of it and have it be crease-free all day. It just does its job, and it does it really well. I doubt I will ever look into another eye primer. I love this one too much.


Last is the Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara. I have really oily lids, and every single mascara that I've tried from the drugstore smudges on me. Except the Covergirl ones. I don't know what the heck they put in there, but whatever it is, my lashes love it. Lash Blast Volume is my favorite from the line. It comes in waterproof too, so if you're going to the beach or something, it's a good option.



There you have it, ladies and gents. These are the products I trust to perform well on those scorching hot days. They stay in place (or keep things in place), and are just all around awesome products that I love.

Hope you guys are keeping cool in this heat!

Gianna


No comments:

Post a Comment