Thursday, July 4, 2013

First Impressions: Estee Lauder Double Wear

Hey everybody! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was trying out Estee Lauder Double Wear so that I could review it here for you guys. Before I get started, here is what you should know:

-I am very oily, especially in the T zone, namely my forehead
-When I judge a foundation I look for finish, coverage, and longevity, and overall appearance throughout the day
-Foundation does not stay on my skin very well, especially after a full day
-I hate touching up
-I did not set ELDW with any spray or powder


Okay, here we go!

Here is a picture of the product. I only have a sample, but this is what the actual bottle looks like.


The packaging is beautiful. No pump, though.

Okay, here is my skin without makeup on.


I don't have seriously problematic skin. But as you can see, I have some redness and some post-acne marks. I also have a few blemishes, but nothing major right now. Overall, I like a medium coverage foundation that's going to even out my redness and most of my spots. I use concealer, and that's fine.

Here is my skin with the foundation on.



It evened everything out and covered pretty much everything I wanted it to cover. You can still see my dark circles, but I don't take my foundation up under there. I don't like all that product on my under eye area.

Here is my finished makeup look:



Sorry if the lighting is crazy in these pictures, y'all. My camera was just not having it yesterday.

Anyways, the foundation has a matte finish, definitely. It might be a teensy bit too matte for my taste, but that's personal preference. I applied this at 1:00 in the afternoon, and I took some notes after I first applied it. I wrote that it was medium-full coverage, blended pretty easy (I applied it with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush), and it was a good foundation for nights out, based on coverage and finish.


At 5:00, I looked at my foundation and saw a little natural shine. But I was thankful for it, because, like I said, matte just doesn't look right on my face. It wasn't oily, just a little glowy. Overall, the foundation did a good job keeping my oils at bay at this point. I didn't blot or touch up at all. What I did notice was the foundation looking a little powdery around my chin and jaw. This always always always happens to me, no matter what foundation, so I wasn't surprised. It didn't look super bad. It just looked like the foundation was sitting on my skin a little rather than blended into it. I wasn't super put off by it because I'm used to it, and I feel like it's something that only I notice.


At 10:00, I had my foundation on for a good 9 hours, and I think the coverage faded a little. My red chin was peeking through a little bit. But my blush and bronzer was still on, and I wasn't looking like a greasy mess. The problems on my chin and jaw were more obvious, I thought. I have no idea why that happens to my skin, but it does.


The bottom line.

Would I recommend this product to a friend?
Yes, I would. If my friend were looking for a medium to full coverage foundation with a matte finish that has good lasting power, then absolutely. I feel like these are qualities that tons of people are looking for in a foundation. It wore for a good 8 hours before I felt like it needed some rather serious touching up. I didn't set it with powder or spray, so that would certainly make a difference on a normal day.

Am I going to purchase the full size?
Maybe. I like this foundation, but I'm not sure if it's something I like for day-to-day. It's pretty matte, and pretty full coverage. But for special occasions, or when I want to look really perfected, I would use this foundation. I think I need to experiment with it a little more before I decide. My mom likes it, and I trust her opinion. But I'm not sure I like it more than my Shiseido.


Some side notes:
-I got it in the color 1W1 Bone
-I applied it today with a damp beauty blender, which gave me a fuller coverage than with the brush I used yesterday.


This is only my opinion, you guys. It's based on my experience with my skin, and my own personal preference. Hope this was helpful!


Hope you're having a great Fourth of July!


Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment