Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's in my August Ipsy Bag?

Hey everybody. I recently got my Ipsy bag in the mail (it seems a little late- tons of YouTubers have posted a video of their Ipsy bags already) and wanted to share it with you.

Honestly, I hate to start off on a sour note, but I am disappointed with this month's bag. I've seen lots of people on YouTube get some great samples, and I am so sad I didn't get any of the good stuff. What I got was okay, but I know there are others who got some really great brands with new items I want to try. Alas, I'm going to share what I got.



This month brought me a really cute bag. It's purple with some gold detailing. I like it, and you can always find a use for bags like this.


This is what I got in my bag this month. Let's take a deeper look...



First up is a Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub. I know that a lot of people will be excited about getting this in their bag, because Michael Todd skincare is all the rage right now. It says it's for all skin types, but I'm not sure if I will be trying this any time soon. I have rosacea, which can be triggered or exacerbated by exfoliation. I have to be careful, and my skin is currently on the mend from a flare up. Maybe when my skin is fully back to normal I'll give it a shot.



Next I have a Chella brow pencil. I swatched it and it seems like a good shade for my skin and hair. However, I do not fill my brows. My brows are quite full, so the only thing I do to them is run some clear mascara through them so they stay put. I guess this is a good product to try out for others, but not for me.


I also found a Pixi Lash Booster Mascara in my bag. This is cool, I'm always willing to try a new mascara. We'll see how it works.


Next I have the Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream. I haven't yet found a BB Cream that I like. Maybe this will be a good one, but I am not much of a fan of tinted-moisturizer-like products.



And last I have a Noya Cherry Lip Balm. Not that excited about this, to be honest. It's a lip balm. How exciting can lip balms be?

Anyways, that's what I got in my Ipsy bag this month. Nothing I'm over the moon about, but that's okay. It's only ten bucks. You win some, you lose some.

What did you guys get in your Ipsy bag? Did you like it? Did you not? Let me know!


Much love.

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment