Thursday, August 8, 2013

Urban Decay Primer Potion vs. Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Hey everybody. I recently picked up my first Too Faced Palette, and with it came a sample of Too Faced Shadow Insurance. As you can probably tell from some of my previous posts, I am a die hard Urban Decay Primer Potion fan. However, I thought I might get them head-to-head and see which one performs better than the other. I applied UDPP to one eye and TFSI to the other to get the bottom of it. What I found was pretty awesome. Let's get to it...


Urban Decay Primer Potion is $20, and comes in a number of different shades/finishes and formulas. There is the original (which is what I use), Greed (gold shimmer), Sin (champagne shimmer), and Eden (nude matte). The newest edition to the line in an anti-aging formula, which claims to offer the same anti-crease benefits as the original as it lessens the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The anti-aging formula is slightly more pricey at $24.


Too Faced Shadow Insurance is also $20. It comes in one shade/finish/formula.


When I applied them to my eyes, I found that both had basically the same exact consistency and color. They were equal in texture and sticky-ness.I topped the primers with Urban Decay Shadows, not to give UDPP an advantage, but because that's what I wear mostly on a daily basis. When first applied, my eyeshadow looked the same over top of both primers. UDPP did not make the eyeshadows look better than TFSI.
I wore them for ten solid hours as I ran errands, went shopping, and spent the evening at home. When I went to take my makeup off, both my eyes looked exactly the same. No creasing, no fading, no anything. I was pleasantly surprised.

Generally I wear UDPP to work because I know it will withstand the conditions. I work fast food, so I am often hot and sweaty, running around getting stuff done. It isn't uncommon for shakes to splash in my face as I blend them. I wore TFSI to work yesterday just to see what would happen, and it held up just as well as UDPP.

So, over all, I say they are the exact same. I know that some people have better luck with one over the other, but I found them to be equally effective. The only thing Urban Decay might have over Too Faced is the option to buy different finishes/formulas.

I will probably stick with UDPP next time I'm due to buy another primer, but that is only because it has been my long time favorite. It was probably my first high end product I owned and fell in love with. But props to Too Faced for challenging my obsession with Urban Decay Primer Potion.

What do you guys think? Do you have a favorite of the two?

Much love!

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment