Sunday, August 25, 2013

First Impression/Review: Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Hey everybody! I recently received a sample in the mail of the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation. I decided to give it a shot for you guys to see how it works on my skin. Let's get to it.



The foundation retails for $39.00 and comes in nice, travel-friendly packaging with an awesome pump. I do not own the actual product, but I believe the bottle is plastic, not glass. There are lots of shades to choose from, and the shade numbers ending in .0 are yellow undertoned, while the shades ending in .5 are pink undertoned. I personally think the price is a little bit steep. However, the finish reminds me of NARS Sheer Glow, which is more expensive.


I applied this foundation around 11:00 this morning with my Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki. This foundation applied with this brush has a good medium coverage to it. I found that it covered most everything that I wanted covered, minus some more red blemishes that needed concealer. The consistency of this stuff is very runny- so, for such a thin foundation, it has good coverage.

By the way, I used the shade 3.5 on my face and 2.0 under my eyes. I think 3.5 is a good match, but perhaps I should go with 3.0 or 4.0 because my body is so yellow (even though my face can be quite pink).

The finish was demi-matte. I liked the finish, although I wasn't blown away by how it looked on my skin. It looked nice- don't get me wrong- but it wasn't like I was amazed by it. However, I think I will have to try it with my beauty blender and see how I feel then. The way a foundation looks on the skin can completely change according to how you apply it.

It wasn't sitting in my pores, which is great. It also feels very light on the skin.

I set it with my NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder and went on my way.

I looked again at 5:00 and noticed a little deweyness, but nothing bad. I liked the way it looked still, so I didn't blot or anything. Also, I usually have issues with foundations on my chin and jaw. They often fade away or get splotchy. The UD foundation didn't do that at all, which was great.

Eight hours later, I can say that the foundation still hasn't faded, settled into pores, or gotten splotchy. However, the dewiness I noticed earlier has turned into a shine that doesn't look so good.

In the foundation's defense, I put it through a lot today. I was busy all day, walking around for a long time in the heat, moving stuff around, sweating, etc. After all that, I think the fact that it stayed on is pretty cool.

The bottom line.

Am I going to purchase the full size?
Not right now. But I might consider it later on when the seasons change. It gets oily after 8 hours, and I hate blotting and touching up. However, I need to play with this foundation a little more before I decide whether I want to own it or not. I like it, I don't love it.

Who would I recommend it to?
If you want something medium coverage, light on the skin, and demi-matte, this is a good option. I would not recommend this to someone with very oily skin. If you have dry or normal skin, I think you would be okay. If you have combo skin and don't mind blotting, you may like this too.


I apologize for not having pictures of my face before and after applying the foundation you guys- it has been a very hectic day.

Have you tried this foundation? How do you like it? Let me know!


Much love, as always.

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment