Sunday, August 11, 2013

Curly Hair Update: Week Six

Hey everybody!

It's been a long time since I've done a curly hair update. I was on vacation and my hair routine was a little off, so now I'm back and in the groove of things again.

Honestly, in the past few weeks, I haven't noticed a whole lot of difference in my hair. It is definitely softer than before I started the Curly Girl Method. I am finding new ways to style my hair that I am really liking. Rather than rake gel through my hair, I simply coat my hair with gel so that my curls are not separated by my fingers. I like plopping, and I leave my hair plopped as long as I can. I find that this makes my curls more defined and voluminous as they dry. I also scrunch the gel into my hair after I do an initial coat of gel, which helps my hair form curls from root to tip, rather than just half way down the length of my hair.


I am noticing that my hair is feeling like it really needs a cleansing every day. I cowash, but the gel I use seems to leave behind a stickyness that I don't like. I also think that my scalp is somewhat oily. It makes sense- I have oily skin in general. When it comes to co-washing, I think the trick is to really scrub. Get down deep and use your fingers to really work the product in. When you rinse it out, do the same thing. Use your fingers to lift up the dirt and conditioner so that you're left with clean hair. Cowashing takes work. Sometimes I am not willing to put in that extra work to get my hair clean. It's a bit of a hassle. However, I am learning slowly but surely. I am going to have to do some experimentation with cowashes and gels to find a combination that really works for me. Because as of now, I'm not really loving how my hair feels at the end of the day.

Overall, I think my hair has completely adjusted to the new system. I didn't really have any major issues during the transition. I like how my hair looks now, and I like the new techniques I have found for styling my hair. My hair is softer, for sure.

Here is what my hair looked like before CG:


And here it is today, six weeks later:


So yeah, definitely more definition.

That's all for now.

Much love!

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment