Monday, August 5, 2013

All Drugstore Back to School Makeup!

Hey everybody! It's getting to be that time of year again where we're all starting to prepare to go back to school. When I was in high school I wore makeup, but I had no idea what I was doing. I'm sure that I caked on the MAC Studio Fix Fluid and powder like there was no tomorrow. I didn't know what was good and what was bad. This post is meant to give you guys an idea of what drugstore products are worth checking out. I feel like when it comes to makeup for school, we're all looking for something natural, long lasting, and most importantly, budget friendly. I've put together a list of products that I think fit into these three categories perfectly. Let's get started.


For foundation, we have a few options. I personally love Revlon when it comes to face products. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation is a great option for those who are looking for something light and natural. It doesn't do a whole lot for covering major blemishes, but it just perfects the skin and evens out the complexion with a good medium(ish) coverage. This would be great for ladies with dry to normal skin. However, I am oily and I like it a lot. I set it with a powder (I'll get to that in a minute) and it lasts pretty well. It retails for about $8-$10 at your local drugstore.


Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation is another really great choice. This is more appropriate for people with oily skin or people who need a bit more coverage. Though it offers a medium-full coverage, it doesn't make you look overly made up or cakey. It seriously stays put on the skin, so it will hold up during those long school hours. It retails for around $10.


For concealer, I personally like the Maybelline 24 Hour SuperStay Concealer. It has a really convenient doe foot applicator. It stays well and blends easily. This retails for around $7.



To set everything, I like the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. It comes in multiple colors as well as a translucent shade. It keeps me matte and is good for blotting. It retails for $4-$5.



For eyes, I think it's best to start with a good, long lasting base. The Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink is a really pretty, every day kind of shade that holds up well on the eyes. It is priced at $6-$7.


Over top of that, I suggest using the Wet N' Wild eye shadow trio in Walking on Eggshells. This trio is perfect for every day. It's a nice selection of colors that makes you look like you put effort into looking nice without going overboard. Plus, the shadows are ultra soft and pigmented. The trio is about $3 and the shades are labeled with where to place each color on your eye. Can it get any better?


For liner, I suggest going with brown. Your eyes will look defined, but not overly dramatic. Take something like the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Brown and smudge it out at the lash line. For extra staying power, top it with a brown shadow. The liner runs for around $5.



For mascara, I say go with CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara. I never have any issues with this smudging, and I think it makes my lashes look really long and pretty. It runs for about $6-$7.


For the cheeks, it's nice to have something that can act as your blush and highlighter in one. Milani Baked Blushes do a good job of providing a little bit of a highlight. The shade Luminoso is really pretty and not over the top at all. I think it would go well with the neutral look we're going for here. The blushes are priced at $6-$7.



For lips, I suggest something neutral. L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude is a really nice shade. If you want something slightly more pink, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Primrose is also nice. The L'oreal one is priced pretty high at $8. Revlon is about $5.

L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude



Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Primrose



And there we have it! These are products from the drugstore that I love. I think they would be great choices for a back to school look that is neutral, flattering, age appropriate, and long lasting. Hope this was helpful!

Much love!

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment