Monday, August 19, 2013

Sigma Haul

Hey everybody! I recently placed an order with Sigma and my box just came in the mail. I wanted to share with you guys what I got and my first thoughts, as well as some pictures of the brushes so you can get a good idea of what they look like.


As you can see, I bought ten brushes. Ten brushes is a heck of a lot of money, even though Sigma is supposed to be an affordable brand. I guess compared to MAC it is, but I spent slightly over $150 and I did not get free shipping. I am so irked by that. I think if I spend over $50, I should get free shipping, period. Oh well, I digress.

First up is the F55, Small Duo Fiber Brush.


I bought this for applying cream products like blush, highlight, or bronzer. I don't own another duo fiber brush, so I'm excited about this and this one has been on my list for a very long time.


This next one is the F25, Tapered Face brush.


I think this will be great for a light application of powder in the t-zone or all over bronzer. It is smaller than I expected, But I like it.

Next is the famous F80, Flat Kabuki brush.


I couldn't place a Sigma order without putting this brush in the basket. Everybody and their mother loves this brush, and it's all the hype on YouTube. I thought I would give it a go.

Next I have the F35, Tapered Highlight Brush.


I have been wanting this brush for ages. I don't have a proper brush to highlight with in my collection, so this is a much needed addition. I'm really excited about it.

Next I have the P88, Precision Flat Angled Brush.


I thought this would be great for under eye concealer. I already have a round top brush like this from Real Techniques, so I thought I would try out one that was angled.

Next is the E05 Eye Liner Brush.


I have a lot of trouble with gel eyeliner, and I think it's partly because of lack of practice, and partly because I lack a good eyeliner brush. This one is very small and has a pointed tip. I'm hoping it well help me get comfortable with gel eyeliner.

Next I have the E25, Blending Brush.


I have heard that this is the closest thing out there to the MAC 117. I just like the shape of it, and I think it's very versatile.


Then I have the P86, Precision Tapered brush.



This is just the tapered version if the P88 listed above. They have different shapes of the same brush, so I thought getting a tapered one would be good for concealer in little corners of the face, like around the nose and in the corner of the eye. Perhaps this brush wasn't completely necessary, but I don't have anything like it and I'm excited to use it.

Next is the E40, Tapered Blending Brush.


I already have one of these in my collection. But I wanted another, because I think having two big fluffy brushes to switch between while I'm doing a smokey eye look is important. One for blending, one for placing color in the crease. It just makes sense.

Last but not least I have the E30, Pencil brush.


I don't have a pencil brush in my collection, so I got one. I'm pretty sure this will come in handy.


Overall, I'm pleased with what I see. The brushes are super soft and sturdy. I'm excited to use them and I think they will perform great. However, I am displeased with the fact that I didn't get free shipping on such a big order. I also think that Sigma is on the whole rather expensive.

I would (and will) probably order from Sigma again. But I think next time I will probably order from Sedona Lace first, just to see what their brushes are like. I think when it comes to face brushes, I will stick with Sigma because I am more picky. But when it comes to brushes for the eyes, I may turn elsewhere.

Much love!

Gianna


No comments:

Post a Comment