Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pink Smokey Eye: 21st Birthday Makeup

Hey everybody! As I've mentioned in a few of my previous posts, I just got home from celebrating my 21st in Vegas. Of course, my makeup needed to be totally on point when I was out clubbing. I chose a really cute strapless fuschia/pink dress for my night out.


Sorry about the phone pic. I couldn't be bothered with whipping out the camera. Anyway, I wanted an eye look to match this freakin' banging dress. I could have gone with a black smokey eye, but I had my heart set on something more pink. After everything was said and done, I ended up with this:



Here is what I used to achieve this look!

Products: Ardell Edgy Lashes number 402, NYX Single Eyeshadow in Rust. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk, Covergirl Lash Blast Volume, Revlon Precision Lash Glue, Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutrals Palette, Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero, Naked Palette, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner

Step one: Base.
As always, I primed my eyelids with Urban Decay Primer Potion. This stuff makes it so my eyeshadow stays creaseless and right where I put it on my eye until I take it off. On top of that, I put the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk all over my lid so that my shadow would really pop on top of it. Using a base like this also helps with staying power.

Step two: Shadow.
I used NYX eyeshadow in the shade Rust. It's just a really pretty crandberry/fuschia/pinkish/red color that is gorgeous. It's comparable to MAC Cranberry. I put this all over my lid. In the crease, I used a matte brown shade from the Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Palette. I believe I used the third shade over in the second row. This acted as a nice trasition shade so that everything blended seamlessly. To darken the outer corner, I used the shade Dark Horse in the Naked Palette. I also placed a matte black shade in the very outer corner to make the look even more dramatic. As a highlight, I used the color Virgin from the Naked Palette in the inner corner and on the brow bone. I used Rust on the lower lashline, and the matte black on the outer part of the lower lashline.

Step three: Liner.
I used the Urban Decay Pencil in Zero to line my upper lash line and upper and lower water lines. I smudged it out on the top lid. I also used a matte black to set the pencil so that it wouldn't budge. I used Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner to draw a really thin line on my upper lid. I wanted a thin line up there to camouflage the band from my falsies.

Step four: Lashes.
I curled my lashes and applied Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara to the top and bottom lashes. I really layered it on the bottom because I wanted my lashes to be really dramatic. Once my mascara was done, I popped on some Ardell Edgy lashes number 402. As you can see, they are very spikey and they flare out at the corner. I was going for something edgy and dramatic. I think these lashes were perfect.

This was my final look:


Hope this was informational or of help to you guys!


Much love!!

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment