Monday, September 16, 2013

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint Review

Hey everybody! I have been hearing loads of great things about the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint on YouTube, so naturally I had to try it out myself. I mean, a tinted moisturizer that keeps me matte? Sounds good to me. It's certainly better than Dr. Brandt's BB Matte, which I have previously reviewed. Here is what it looks like:



The Matte Moisture Tint comes in five shades and retails for $38.00. You get 1.7 ounces of product, which is nearly double the typical amount of foundation you get in a bottle. Because you get so much product, I think the price is not too terrible.

The texture of this stuff is kind of thick, but not hard to work with. I would say work in sections rather than do your whole face at once. I almost want to say it is a cream to powder formula, but it isn't exactly. It just sets matte, and once it starts to set, it feels a little powdery. But it doesn't look powdery. It looks natural, with a demi-matte finish. This stuff has really awesome coverage for a product called a "moisture tint." I would say it has light to medium coverage, and it's buildable. You're not going to get full coverage out of this. But I find that it gives me a good medium coverage applied with my fingers (which is the only way I've applied it thus far). If you want full coverage, this isn't the product for you.

It feels very light and comfortable on the skin. It sits well and doesn't sink into my pores. It doesn't necessarily stay matte on my face all day. If you're really oily, expect to blot.

One of the absolute best things about this product is the ingredients. It is oil free, hypoallergenic, fragrance free, and non-comodegenic. It has an SPF 15, but it uses physical rather than chemical ingredients to provide broad spectrum protection. This means that for those of us with really sensitive or rosacea prone skin, this product should not be irritating. This is probably my favorite part of the this product. It's really hard to find products with SPF that don't use chemical sunblocks.


Overall, I thoroughly enjoy this product. I like the coverage, I like that it's super natural, I like that it's matte, I love the ingredients, I like the hygienic packaging... I just like it all.


If you haven't tried this already, I highly suggest you check it out. I can see myself repurchasing this product many times in the future.


Much love,

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment