Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cheap Brush/Beauty Blender Cleanser!

Hey everybody! Oftentimes we get lazy with keeping our cosmetics clean, but the truth is we really need to be aware of sanitizing our cosmetic tools. Brushes get covered in product, touch our face repeatedly, get dipped in product again, etc. It's a playground for bacteria to grow, and I know I certainly don't want that anywhere near my face. I already have enough skin issues to deal with.

I find that the best way for me to keep my brushes clean is to spot clean after each use, and deep clean every four weeks or so. I could probably do a deep cleaning more often, but let's be realistic. I have quite a few brushes, and it takes a while to clean them all. Every four weeks is pretty typical for me, and I'm okay with that.

Today I want to talk about deep cleaning my brushes, and a fantastic product that I have found to get the job done quickly and effectively. I used to use the Beauty Blender Liquid Cleanser, which is just okay. I found that I had to use a lot of product for it to get my brushes clean, especially the really dense ones like my Sigma F80. It never really got the stains out of my Beauty Blender, which is just ridiculous. I also don't like that it's in a liquid form, because I find it inconvenient. Then they recently came out with the Beauty Blender Solid cleanser, which I have considered purchasing but could never bring myself to spend so much money on a stupid bar of soap, even though I've heard it's great.

So I started hearing others talk about their own methods, like baby shampoo, Dawn dish soap, etc, but nothing really struck my fancy. Today I was browsing the aisle's on my local Walgreens and saw Dr. Bronner's All-One Hemp Lavender Soap in bar form. I had heard a beauty guru talking about it, and I was like, that might be worth a shot.


I brought it home and tried it out, and let me tell you what, this is good stuff. I LOVE that it's in a bar form, it makes it so easy. I just run the bar under water and take my brushes to it. Swirl it around on the soap, swirl it around on the palm of my hand, rinse, and viola. It cleans my brushes so amazingly quick. My beauty blender was clean in a matter of seconds. This is really important to me, because sponges hold bacteria like crazy. It smells absolutely divine, I just want to bathe myself in the smell. They have many other scents as well, so if lavender isn't your thing, you have options. The only thing is, lots of oils are used in the soap. It's very moisturizing, but next time I might go with the peppermint one, just so it's a little bit more clarifying. However, if your brushes are really scratchy, Dr. Bronner's might be a great option.


The best thing about Dr. Bronner's is the ingredients. It's completely natural, organic, doesn't test on animals, and mutli-functional. Dr. Bronner's is known for the liquid soap, which can be used for absolutely anything- washing your clothes, your body, your hair, even brushing your teeth. I feel totally comfortable using this soap to clean my brushes. In fact, I feel better about this than any other cleanser, which likely has lots of chemicals and harsh ingredients that I don't want to put on my skin.


I highly suggest checking out the bar or liquid soap- whichever you prefer. It's cheap, effective, and totally natural. Can there be anything better?

What do you clean your brushes with?


Much love,
Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment