Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Everyday Lipsticks From the Drugstore

Hey everybody! When it comes to lipstick, I generally turn to the drugstore. The only time I get a high end lipstick is if I am back-to-MAC'ing some stuff and get one for free. I think there are some great formulas at the drugstore that are definitely comparable to high end ones. Why spend the money when the drugstore has so much to offer?

Today I want to talk about "everyday" lipsticks. When I say "everyday," I mean those colors that just go with everything. They offer a your-lips-but-better kind of finish, and they are totally work and school appropriate. Nude lipsticks are probably my favorite, and I don't often venture into anything too flashy or bright. If you're looking for some ideas on great nude lipsticks from the drugstore, take a look at what I have collected...

Left to Right: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsick in Blushing Mauve, Sassy Mauve, Wink for Pink, and Primrose. Rimmel Lasting Finish in Airy Fairy. Milani Color Statement in Nude Creme. NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose. L'Oreal Color Riche in Fairest Nude.



And of course, swatches.

Left to Right: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsick in Blushing Mauve, Sassy Mauve, Wink for Pink, and Primrose. Rimmel Lasting Finish in Airy Fairy. Milani Color Statement in Nude Creme. NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose. L'Oreal Color Riche in Fairest Nude.



As you can see, I have a lot of the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in this selection. This is my favorite lipstick line at the drugstore. Blushing Mauve and Sassy Mauve are very similar. Sassy Mauve is bit darker, but still wearable. It might be a great everyday shade for someone with darker skin. With Fall coming up, these are great choices. Wink for Pink and Primrose are great choices if you want something with pink in it. Wink for Pink is a bit more pink-coral. Primrose is a cool pink.

Rimmel Airy Fairy is probably my favorite of the bunch. It's just so perfect, not too pink, not too brown. I love it.

Milani Color Statement in Nude Creme is another fantastic choice. This is a very creamy, pigmented lipstick. The smell is kind of distinct... if you don't like lipsticks that smell, this might not be for you. Other than that, it's a great color.

NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose is fantastic. It's very pigmented, and a nice pinky-nude color. I have seen NYX at Target (Yes, TARGET!) lately. Hallelujah.

Last but not least, L'Oreal Color Riche in Fairest Nude. This was my long time favorite until Rimmel Airy Fairy entered my life. It leans pretty brown, but it's still a great shade. I'm quite fair with olive undertones, and I find it works well for me.


What about you guys? Do you have another great nude lipstick that you love? Let me know!


Much love,

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment