Friday, September 6, 2013

Impress Nails Review

Hey everybody! I am by no means a pro at nail painting. When it comes to beauty related things, makeup is my main squeeze; hair and nails fall by the wayside. I am always looking for polishes that are supposedly "long wearing" or chip-resistant, because I don't like to repaint my nails very often. Once a week is more than enough for me. However, more than once a week is usually necessary (although I rarely do, anyways) because I work part time at a local fast food place. My hands are always being dipped in sanitizer water, cleaning things, wearing gloves, washing dishes, etc. Also, my nails are quite thin and brittle, so acrylic nails are not an option for me. I find that my nails cannot handle the grinding down, acetone removal, or any of that stuff. Even gel manicures are kind of harsh on my thin nails. So, with all of these nail-related-woes, I am pretty much looking for a solution that is durable, nice looking, and kind to my fragile nails. Impress Nails have pretty much provided me with what I am looking for.


Impress Nails are basically plastic nails that have the glue already applied to them. You peel off the plastic layer to reveal the bottom of the nail with glue on it. You apply it to your nail, and it is supposed to stay on for up to a week. You can find them at pretty much any drugstore for around $6-8 dollars. They come in a whole array of colors and designs, and I believe there are both short and medium length options. Each pack of nails comes with many different sizes and multiple size options for each nail. You'll get two applications out of one pack. However, you may not have the perfect fit for each nail on the second application if you use up all of your correct sizes on the first application.

These are my nails with the tie-dye Impress Nails applied.


I have to tell you guys, I really like these. I wore just a plain french-manicure style set to Las Vegas for my 21st and I had absolutely no issues. I even brought extras just in case one were to pop off during my trip. I'm happy to report that they stayed fantastically, and I probably could have gotten another couple of days of wear when I was home and ready to remove them. I think that the staying power all has to do with your application, and how hard you are on your nails. Once you apply them, don't run your hands under water for at least an hour. I think this gives the nails time to totally set. Also, I wasn't working when I was in Vegas, so my normal, day-to-day activity was perfectly fine on the nails. They looked great, stayed put, and I was really happy with them overall.

The nails don't look like your natural nails. However, I don't think that's supposed to be the point of these. They are supposed to look like you did your nails all fancy. They don't look ridiculous or like plastic (in my opinion), they just look like you had your nails done by someone else.

I have a few small complaints that I want to get out of the way. With the french-manicure style nails, you can see the glue on your nail if you look really closely. I highly doubt it's noticeable to anybody else, but it's noticeable to me. You eliminate this problem when you use the sets that are totally opaque, like the ones that have a design or are a solid color.
My second problem with these is the price. It makes it better that you get two applications from one set; however, they are still pricey if it's something you're going to be wearing often. I don't wear these every day. But for special occasions or just once in a while, these are great.


Overall, I highly recommend these. They stay put for up to (and sometimes over) a week, they don't damage my natural nails, they look nice, are relatively inexpensive for special occasions, and are so darn easy to apply. I approve!


What do you guys think? Have you tried any fake nails?

Much love,
Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment