Saturday, September 14, 2013

Favorite Drugstore Under Eye Concealer

Hey everybody! Under eye concealer is one of those things that I seem to change my mind on a lot. But by trying different products with different consistencies, I think I have found what I like in an under eye concealer. My under eye area can be quite dry, even though my skin is rather oily. Most under eye concealers accentuate the dryness around my eyes, which is a terrible look. I look for under eye concealers that are really creamy; if it is too thin, it accentuates my dryness. Products like the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind under eye concealer is very thin, and looks very dry on me. MAC Pro Longwear has a similar aging effect. Although I like Pro Longwear, I don't like the way it looks on me after a whole day's worth of wear.

The Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer is quickly becoming my go-to under eye product. It is supposed to have a "gel" formula, which makes a lot of sense. It kind of glides over my under eye area, rather than settles into the lines.


For right around six bucks, I think this stuff performs right up there with higher end products. It reminds me a lot of Tarte's Creaseless Concealer, which I really enjoy.

I have it in two shades, Radiant and Ivory. Radiant is a light pink color meant for highlighting and brightening purposes. Ivory is slightly lighter than my natural skin tone. I have been using Ivory a bunch lately, and I find that it does a fantastic job of brightening up the area under my eyes as well as concealing my circles.

As far as the way it wears throughout the day, I really enjoy how it holds up. I don't really find that it creases on me. It may sink into some fine lines a little bit, but unlike other concealers, I don't find that this makes me look old and dry under there.


Overall I just really enjoy this product. It covers well and performs at a great standard, especially for such a low price. If you tried the Age Rewind concealer and didn't like it, or if you're looking for something at a drugstore price that its moisturizing like Tarte's under eye concealer, I say give this a go.


That's all for now!

Much love,

Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment