Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hard Candy Mod Quad Baked Eyeshadow Swatches/First Impression

Hey everybody! I stopped at my local Walmart today and spotted some Hard Candy Mod Quad Baked Eye Shadows. I'm not sure if they are limited edition, but they were situated right in with the rest of the Hard Candy line, so I am guessing not. I believe they are new, because I have not seen these before. I can't think of anything that I own by Hard Candy, although I have heard great things about their baked shadow duos and have wanted to get my hands on them for a bit. I've never gotten around to actually picking up any duos, but I saw these quads and I was like MINE.

Hard Candy is sold exclusively at WalMart. I bought mine for six dollars each. You can also order them online at the link provided above.

I bought four quads out of the five available: Brownie Points, Pink Interlude, Under the Moon, and Ivy League. The last one that I did not buy is called Smoke Mirrors, which has a lot of grey/silver shades.

Brownie Points, Pink Interlude

Under the Moon, Ivy League

I will say that I don't love the packaging. It's kind of bulky. On the inside there is an okay mirror, which is pretty cool. But other than that I find them to just be a little excessive in the packaging department. However, they're durable and good for travel.

Here are the swatches. The top row of each picture are the colors swatched dry, the bottom row are the colors swatched wet.

Brownie Points

Pink Interlude

Under the Moon


Ivy League


I haven't worn any of these on my eyes yet, but all I have to say is...wow. I'm really excited to put these babies to use. Dry, they are just okay, but wet, they seem great. The pigmentation is totally on point, they are metallic, the glitter shows up, it's just all around impressive.

I might just have to go pick up the last quad. I avoided it because I don't often wear greys and silvers on my eyes, but I might make an exception. For the price, I think these are really worth checking into.


What do you think? Do you have your eye on any of these? Let me know!


Much love,
Gianna

5 comments:

  1. I love the pigmentation of these, but I don't think the colors would work well with my skintone. :( If you do pick up the silver/black one, I would be excited to see it! That's probably the only one I would pick up. Thanks for great swatches!
    -Anna
    Makeup 'n More By Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I may just have to get the last quad, I think it would make a great smokey look!

      Delete
  2. Did you ever use Hard Candy's baked eyeshadow duo in secret rendevous? it got discontinued but i was wondering if the bottom two colors of "Pink Interlude" are comparable to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried it, but the lightest and darkest shades of the palette look comparable to the swatches I googled!

      Delete
    2. oh cool, thank for the reply! :)

      Delete